HOUSTON – Does it seem like you have way more laundry now that you are staying home more? If you are washing almost daily loads of laundry around your home, you are not alone. That’s why this is a great place to start if you are looking to save money. From laundry detergent to a simple stain remover, we are looking at a few *new* DIY laundry recipes.
How can I save money?
If you are sorting, washing, and folding laundry daily you are not alone. Piles of dirty clothes mean laundry supplies are in high demand.
“Instead of just going to the grocery store all the time and ordering more and more laundry, detergents, stain removers, and everything, we are able to help you make your own,” said Nora Kapche, Coupon Contessa.
We enlisted the help of Coupon Contessa and DIY expert Nora Kapche.
DIY Laundry Detergent
- 3 cups Borax
- 3 cups Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
- Bar of Soap
- Mix borax and washing soda.
- Grate bar of soap and add to the mixture. You can use a laundry soap bar or just any soap you have around your home.
- This recipe will wash 90 loads of laundry. Use 1 tablespoon per laundry load.
DIY Liquid Laundry Soap
- Bar of soap
- 2 quarts of water
- 4 gallons of hot water
- 2 cups of borax
- 2 cups of Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
- Grate the bar of soap and