People could get a free washing machine or repair if they have a faulty Hotpoint or Indesit appliance, it’s been announced
Whirlpool is today reminding customers in Dorset to check if their washing machine is affected by a product recall launched in January, so that Whirlpool can provide a free replacement or repair if needed.
Towards the end of 2019, Whirlpool identified a potential risk concerning certain models of Hotpoint and Indesit branded washing machines manufactured between 2014 and 2018.
Since launching the recall campaign, more than 4 million people have contacted Whirlpool with more than 95 per cent already given reassurance and peace of mind that their machine is not affected.
Of the 263,000 customers who have registered an affected model so far, over 93 per cent have already been fully resolved.
Today, the company is again urging any customers in Dorset with a Hotpoint or Indesit washing machine who have not yet checked their appliance to do so.
What to do if you might be affected
- Registration takes less than five minutes.
- Check their appliance at www.washingmachinerecall.whirlpool.co.uk
- Alternatively call 0800 316 1442.
- Follow the registration instructions if their products are affected
- While waiting for the resolution, do not use the appliance or use cold water wash (20C) ifnecessary until the product has been replaced or repaired.